As you know, I’ve been doing some serious zig-zagging throughout Saskatchewan this year. In my travels I’m rarely familiar with the communities I am bound for, so finding a place to eat, sleep and get gas is constantly on my to-do list.
Lucky for me, as Saskatchewanderer, I’ve been gifted with a partner — a search partner, that is, in the form of an app. And lucky for you, you can have this app too!
Since becoming the Saskatchewanderer, the Mysask411 app and Mysask411.com have been my go-to resources for finding anything and everything in the province. From hotels, motels, gas stations and grocery stores, to hospitals, hairdressers, shopping malls and spas.
But why am I telling you about Mysask411 when you clicked a blog link to learn about zu?
Because my sweet search partner, Mysask411, was the reason I was hooked up on a behind the scenes tour with one of Saskatchewan's leading tech companies. zu is currently in the final stages of piecing together a new and improved app for Mysask411 to help make things even easier for you and me when we’re searching for local hot spots.
Set for re-release in early October, 2017, the new Mysask411 app will have a totally redesigned interface for more efficient searching and a fresh new look created by the design team at zu. I can’t wait to check out this new app out!
But let’s talk about the company behind the re-build of Mysask411's new app.
Here are five things you need to know about one of Saskatchewan’s most innovative companies:
- zu is an award-winning digital agency based in Saskatoon.
- They have been around for more than 20 years.
- They specialize in strategy, design, web and mobile development to create amazing digital experiences for clients and their end users.
- They use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Their super cool brick office has a ping pong table, a dart board, video games, couches, a kitchen, arcade machines, and whatever those handleless segway things are called. It's awesome. I want to live there.
The technology industry is growing in Saskatchewan, which means there are a lot of tech jobs! If you have experience working in the tech industry, or if you are considering a future career in this industry then Saskatchewan is the place to be!
To find out more about zu, visit zu.com
DirectWest (providers of Mysask411) and zu have been working together since 2014 on the Mysask411 search platforms, including the current app and website.