I went south, exploring the cool town of Eastend - famously known for the world's largest T.rex ever found. Besides these famous dinosaur bones and museums, I also discovered a few other options for you and the family to enjoy this summer.
Follow along on my tailor-made Eastend getaway:
- By now, you'll know I love to start my days visiting a local café. So it's off to Jacks, who alongside java also serve Chapman's Flavours Ice Cream, milkshakes and bubble tea to beat the heat.
- Go fishing at the reservoir and enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Of course, you must visit the T.rex Discovery Centre, which houses a considerable number of fossils, including the remains of Eastend's claim to fame "Scotty" the Tyrannosaurus. You can also dig up fossils in their new paleo lab, how cool is that!
- After all that fun with dinosaurs, head to the Streambank Golf Course and enjoy the game.
- Just beside the course, you can enjoy the Rodeo grounds and watch the riders train.
- Grab a bite to eat at the golf course Club House - the chicken Caesar wrap is pretty epic.
- Visit the Eastend Historical Museum; you will be blown away by the collection of historical objects curated by the lovely couple Ken and Ethel Wills. (Ask Ken to talk to you about the "Engine", you can thank me later!)
- Finish your day at the Wilkinson Memorial Observatory for a night of open skies and intergalactic beauty.
- You can stay at the Riverside Motel and Guest Homes for great sightseeing, recreation, dining and getting around.
- Another excellent place to stay is Silver Willow Gallery and Guest House, where you can sleep in one of the rooms decorated by local artists. P.S. this is a great place to finish that book you've been working on.